Next door to Casa Verdugo for which this historical neighborhood is named, Edgar Gregg built this character home in 1952 in the classic traditional excellence of design and quality typical of his proud family of builders. The current owner has sought to preserve that original integrity while thoroughly enhancing the house, grounds, and gorgeous guest structure/studio for artful living today.
The welcoming covered front patio opens to a classic style living room with original oak wood flooring, custom wood trim, and a beautiful fireplace. The formal dining room is richly appointed as well. The kitchen has been tastefully updated with black honed granite counters and all new hardware, while maintaining the preserved O’Keefe and Merritt stove. The central hall leads to each of the three bedrooms and tastefully remodeled baths. The primary suite enjoys rich wood floors, two closets, and a gorgeous full bath with Venetian plaster walls, hammered copper sink, quartz counters, and a rain shower with air bath and steam.
The enclosed patio/office opens out to xeriscaped rear gardens with outdoor entertaining spaces and a very cool outdoor shower. In 2006 the old garage was transformed, with permit, into this art gallery quality home office/studio/guest quarters with a high ceiling, skylights and windows that drink in natural light, an open stairwell to a loft, and gorgeous powder room. This flex guest space is wonderful for elegant entertaining and even has its own private rear yard space with a spa and potted garden. Additional features include central air and heating, updated copper plumbing, an updated 200amp electrical panel, electric water heater, electric charging station and a two-car detached garage. A new roof with solar panels has also been recently installed, along with an optional grey water system for conservation and garden watering.
offered by: Craig Farestveit